Collapse all | Expand all
PanTerra has built world-class datacenters to support and deploy its cloud-based Unified Communications services. These state-of-the-art facilities include around the clock security, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and generator power backup and environmental controls (for temperature and humidity). All services are run on high performance state of the art Linux blade servers that are monitored 24/7/365. Each PanTerra datacenter is "carrier neutral" and has support for multiple telecom carriers, providing redundancy and failover capability, ensuring the highest level of uptime for customers. With our high reliable cloud datacenters, PanTerra can deliver the highest quality service regardless of size or location of customer.
Redundant components guarantee service delivery even if a component fails
PanTerra’s platform is connected to the network by at least two physically separate building entrances. This provides for the greatest protection from network outages caused by events such as fiber cuts that could disable one of the fiber links into the gateway. In addition to route diversity, PanTerra ensures network access with redundant and duplicate equipment including routers, switches and other various network components. Redundancy is engineered in the network architecture to ensure continued service in the event of a network failure.
- Dual access routers/switches are located in each of the equipment racks.
- PanTerra also ensures sufficient capacity for normal and fail-over operations by limiting every internal network link to less than 50 percent utilization. Any time an internal Network link approaches 50 percent utilization, capacity on the link is immediately increased. Limiting link utilization to less than 50 percent guarantees redundant capacity in the event of failure of other network links.
- All collocation routers/switches are dual-homed to the IP network.
Top of Page
As a leading edge commitment to our current and prospective customers and PanTerra’s commitment to delivering the most reliable experience for unified communications can be seen in our real-time Customer Reliability Index (CRI). This index measures the reliability of our datacenters, our services within the datacenters and our carrier interconnects. The index also takes into account the number of customers that are impacted by a particular outage. For example if a certain carrier route fails and only 10% of the customers are effected at the time, the CRI would be calculate as the overall reliability of all the components times the percentage of the customers impacted (10%). PanTerra has maintained over 99.998% CRI reliability since 2008.
PanTerra has Maintained an Average of 99.998% Customer Reliability Index Uptime since 2008
Top of Page
PanTerra backs all of its services with the industry’s best Service Level Agreement (SLA). PanTerra’s SLA covers both voice services (99.99% uptime guarantee) and non-voice services (99% uptime guarantee) so that a customer can rest assured that their services will remain up and available to them at all times. This allows businesses to focus on customers and revenue instead of operations.
PanTerra's SLA guarantee
An integral part of PanTerra's datacenters is the ability to monitor all services, connections and customer sessions 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Every voice call, IM session, web meeting and desktop share is monitored for quality and availability by a team of engineers using the most advanced tools in the industry. Pre-defined trigger levels alert PanTerra is something in the system exceeds a warning level. Should something happen to a particular session, PanTerra engineers are alerted and can immediately start an assessment process to determine the root cause and take corrective action.
PanTerra monitors every session of every service 24 hours a day
Top of Page
At the core of PanTerra's future-proof architecture is its Multi-service Protocol Neutral Transport (MPNT). Instead of developing all its services on top of a single service, PanTerra developed a robust, high performance scalable "communications highway" that supports all types of communications protocols including protocols specifically designed for digital voice (like SIP), video (like H.264), messaging and collaboration. By architecting a protocol neutral transport mechanism, PanTerra ensures that future services can be added without compromise or restrictions.
At the core: PanTerra's Multi-service Protocol Neutral Transport (MPNT)
This is a key difference between PanTerra's solution and others. Most competitors started with a single monolithic service (like a softswitch) and then tried to add other services on top of that service. This doesn't scale for the following reasons:
- Softswitches are optimized for a single protocol (voice) and can't handle other types of protocols (video, messaging or collaboration protocols) efficiently or effectively.
- Services build on top of other services don't scale well because multiple services are impacted when one service maxes out.
- At some point, the central core service will max out, causing interruption to ALL added services.
- The core service is a single point of failure that can take down all services.
In summary, PanTerra has designed its platform to support multiple services and multiple protocols in a scalable, robust, fault tolerant and high performance manner so that we can deliver our cloud-based services to you with the quality you expect.
Top of Page
Here is a list of each of PanTerra's industry leading services and back end servers used to deliver all of its services.
- WorldSmart Proxy
- WorldSmart Proxy is a "multimedia server" that provides all of the communication resources that are available within WorldSmart. Each proxy server can handle up to 2000 WorldSmart (voice, video, messaging, and collaboration) users, or up to 4,000 voice-only users. It runs on a cluster of dual CPU Linux servers in blade configuration. WorldSmart Proxy can scale to multiple pairs of blade servers able to support hundreds of thousands of users.
- Digital Voice PBX Service
- These servers register information about all the SIP phones in a database and it is the first point of contact for any new call for both incoming and outgoing calls. It provides are the routing and switching of all digital voice calls throughout the system.
- WorldSmart ACD Service
- The ACD Media Servers is a User Agent and can accept calls from WorldSmart ACD users. Its task is to control and manage calling party queues and provide advanced features such as Silent listen, whisper and barge-in capability. It also handled call recording.
- WorldSmart Messenger Service
- The Messenger servers provide exchange mailbox support as well as advanced unified messaging services like fax-i-email and VM-in-email and IM-to-SMS conversion.
- WorldSmart Secure IM Service
- The IM servers provide secure IM services to all WorldSmart users.
- WorldSmart Secure Web Collaboration Service
- The web collaboration servers provide both WorldSmart users and non-WorldSmart users web meeting and remote desktop sharing capabilities.
- WorldSmart Secure Video Service
- The video servers provide business quality video phone and conferencing services.
- WorldSmart Central Portal
- A central portal is the customer user interface for the both individual and administrator dashboards, which provide detailed user information as well as administrative information such as account configurations, provisioning and billing information in real time. The Portal operates on its own separate cluster of dual processor blade servers with RAID configuration.
- WorldSmart TrueView Partner Portal
- A separate partner portal provides real-time customer information and partner information for PanTerra's certified channel partners. Partners can instantly look at customer usage, quotes, leads, provisioning, billing and even real-time commissions.
- Auto-provisioning Servers
- The auto-provisioning servers provide fully automatic configuration and updates to any devices connected to PanTerra's service. This includes hard phone configuration and any firmware updating. This significantly reduces installation and maintenance time and cost.
- Load Simulator Servers
- The load simulator servers perform pre-installation load testing of new or potential customers from their network to our datacenters. Significant voice and data traffic is loaded onto the customer's network to our datacenters and monitored for quality. Detailed reports are generated for the customer.
- Unified Presence Servers
- The Presence Server provides unified real-time presence information to the UCC service.
- Media Servers
- The Media Server is an application within the Proxy that provides services such as voicemail recording and playback, greeting recording, etc. The Media Server also forwards calls to the ACD Media server as needed.
- Media Gateways
- PanTerra's own carrier grade VOIP media gateway can support up to eight T1's on a single Linux blade. Multiple media gateways can be deployed to handle multiple T1/DS3s connections. Media gateway holds real time DID routing information for forwarding purposes and Proxy state information. If the primary proxy is unavailable then calls are forward to the backup proxies.
- Proxy and Back-up Proxy Database Servers
- WorldSmart uses enterprise/real time database applications to maintain records and archive interaction data. All IP phones and Soft Phones use backup proxy if their main proxy access fails.
- ACR Call Routing Servers
- The Adaptive Call Router is ("ACR") is an outbound forwarding server that uses SIP proxy capabilities to route outbound calls to the best carrier available at any given time. A single ACR and its backup can handle up to 1,000 calls per second and is capable of routing calls to any number of carriers. Calls can be routed based on availability, voice quality and price.
Top of Page