Hurricanes, Fires, Floods, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Ice Storms..... Nature can have a devastating impact on your business if you're not prepared. In 2011 alone, businesses lost over $1B due to natural disasters in the US. Is your business ready? The key to being ready is making sure your communications infrastructure stays up when disaster strikes. The key to staying up depends both on preventative measures as well as recovery measures. Only when your communications infrastructure implements both measures can you be sure that your business is protected from both mother nature and inadvertent human nature.
Collapse all | Expand all
When Natural Disasters Strike, Is Your Communications Infrastructure Ready?
You can't prevent a natural disaster, but you CAN takes steps to eliminate (or at least minimize) the impact of the disaster on your business. Your communications infrastructure is your company's lifeblood. Losing it would be a major impact to you, your customers and your employees. Even a temporary lose of your communications can have a major impact on your customers and ultimately on your revenue. Thus, it is imperative that company's review and upgrade their communications infrastructure with technologies that will prevent communications disruption.
PanTerra's WorldSmart Cloud-UC solution delivers innovative features that can prevent or minimize the impact of a disaster on your business. By utilizing the latest cloud-based SaaS technologies combined with an ultra high reliable cloud-based infrastructure and a seasoned 24/7 network operational center, PanTerra can transform your communications infrastructure into a hardened competitive weapon virtually immune to disasters (human or nature).
PanTerra's WorldSmart Cloud-UC solution provides the following features for "preventing the impact of" or "quickly recovering from" a disaster:
- Cloud-based Communication Services Minimize/Eliminate On-Premises Disasters. Where is the most frequent and likely natural disaster going to hit you? At your premises! Over 80% of all natural disasters happen on the premise of a business. Power outages, brown outs, floods, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, fires, equipment failures, accidental human intervention... These are all events that happen all too often. If your communications infrastructure is located on-premises, chances are it's not in a hardened environment that can handle any of these events should they occur. Which means, when they occur, you will lose your communications. With WorldSmart's cloud-based services, all your communications are delivered from a hardened, redundant, secure datacenter in the cloud, virtually eliminating any impact should a local disaster hit. Imagine your sales or support call center, main auto-attendant or IVR continuing to operate seamlessly even though your office building loses power!
- Fully Geo-Redundant, Secure, Hardened, Cloud-based Infrastructure. WorldSmart services are delivered from fully hardened, secure, redundant, cloud datacenters capable of withstanding virtually any natural disaster. With redundant power, cooling, fire suppression, connectivity and hardened building infrastructures, these datacenters can continue to operate through most disasters. Every datacenter is also fully secure and monitored 24/7 as well. All PanTerrea equipment within these datacenters are infrastructure-class and redundant as well, using an N+1 redundancy and scaling architecture. Each service can be managed and scaled independently with no single-point-of-failure.
- A Professional Network Operations Center (NOC) Monitors All Services 24/7. A world-class, experienced NOC monitors all WorldSmart services 24/7/365, including connectivity in and out of the datacenters. Significant monitors are implemented in all service applications with warning and alarm levels as well as auto-recovery processes should any critical event occur.
- PanTerra Is Both Service Provider AND Technology Provider As both the technology and service provider, PanTerra is continually driving the technology to deliver higher levels of reliability and quality. PanTerra has a solid track record of delivering the most reliable cloud-UC services in the industry and with our in-house research and development team, we are confident we will continue in that leadership position.
- Homogeneous Hardware Platform Architecture. All WorldSmart services are implemented on a homogeneous Linux blade server architecture which makes management of the datacenters simpler and more efficient. It also makes it easier and quicker to implement redundancy and recovery mechanisms.
- Instantaneous access of all your communications from any desktop/mobile/handset device located anywhere in the world. WorldSmart is accessible from any SIP-based phone or internet-based browser on any desktop or mobile device from anywhere in the world! With WorldSmart, if your location is disrupted because of a disaster you can move away from the disaster and still instantly access all you communications, providing continuity of business to your customers and co-workers.
- Communications Blasting and Intelligent Routing Keep You Connected No Matter What. Since WorldSmart is a full unified communications service, it has access to all your communications channels and devices. Should one of your devices fail, WorldSmart will automatically detect it and can automatically re-route the communications to another device. Let's say you're IMing with a co-worker at another location and the power goes out. You can still interact with that co-worker because WorldSmart will automatically re-route the IMs to your cell phone via SMS text messages! This is a powerful WorldSmart feature that works with all communications media (calls, IM, Email, SMS)
- Support of Multiple Customer Selectable Last Mile Carriers. Outside of your premise, the next most likely disaster will occur with your last mile carrier. Connectivity interruptions occur frequently as lines get accidentally cut or fires take out a carrier's connection closet. With WorldSmart, you can select the local carrier that is the most reliable and be confident WorldSmart will interoperate. In addition, for increased reliability, you can install dual connectivity from two different carriers and WorldSmart will seamlessly interoperate with both carriers.
Top of Page