HIPAA/HITECH Compliant Cloud
PanTerra takes security and privacy very seriously. As such PanTerra's cloud is fully compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as well as the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), delivering the most secure unified cloud service in the industry. PanTerra is unique in its holistic approach to security and privacy. Not only does PanTerra deliver full HIPAA/HITECH compliant cloud services, PanTerra goes even further, offering fully secure SmartBand MPLS bandwidth which implements a secure IP-VPN network between PanTerra's data centers and the customer's physical locations, and end device Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). This approach of securing the cloud service, bandwidth and end devices is unique in the industry and makes PanTerra's cloud solution the most secure end-to-end solution available.
PanTerra has secured Business Associates Agreements (BAA) with appropriate downstream vendors and will enter into a BAA with those customers requesting HIPAA/HITECH compliance.
- HIPAA/HITECH compliant cloud services
- HIPAA/HITECH compliant data centers
- Secured Business Associates Agreements (BAA) with downstream vendors and sub-contractors
- Secure connectivity with SmartBand MPLS
- Secure end device access with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Full encryption in-transit and at-rest
Secure Data Centers
PanTerra has a rigorous selection process for its data centers, selecting the most secure and reliable locations to run their services from. PanTerra maintains the highest level of physical security for its data centers. PanTerra's data centers utilize state-of-the art electronic surveillance and multi-factor access and authentication control systems.
PanTerra's data centers are staffed 24x7 by trained security personnel and access is restricted and authorized only by PanTerra. All accesses are logged.
Environmental systems are designed to minimize the impact of disruptions to operations. Redundant systems include power, network equipment, servers, and ventilation systems. Each data center has redundant backup diesel generators should the power grid fail.
- Carrier-class firewalls and networking equipment
- All files encrypted with RC4-128 encryption by default with other secure cyphers supported
- All data encrypted with 256-bit AES encryption at rest
- Secure physical access with strict authorization protocol
- Biometric and Retina scanning
- Physical Man-Traps
- Retina scanning for corridor access
- Card reader plus security pin for individual co-location access
- Individual locked cages with card reader access
- All access logged
- Full video surveillance