Enhanced Cyber Security
PanTerra takes cyber security seriously, implementing some of the most advanced security measures available today. In some cases, PanTerra has increased security over industry standards with internally developed tools, monitors and features to ensure that your content and communications remain exactly that... yours.
PanTerra monitors everything from external cyber DOS/IDS attacks to "abnormal" user activity (for example accesses from new IP range or communications to/from new geographies). If an abnormal activity is detected, PanTerra's monitoring team goes into action verifying with the customer the validity of the activity or taking immediate action to contain and mitigate any potential breach.
In addition to monitoring, PanTerra regularly tests its cyber security using industry leading vulnerability probing and scanning technologies.
- Enterprise-grade next-generation firewall purpose-built for efficient deployment and operation within dispersed, highly dynamic, and security-critical network environments
- Modular security framework which integrates highly scalable security solutions to protect users, networks, and data center applications including web and email security, web application security, and secure remote access integrated with the firewall, and are centrally managed for aggregated visibility and control
- Network scan – ports, applications running on that port -- auto vulnerability testing
- Industry leading vulnerability scanning providing patch, configuration, and compliance auditing including for mobile, malware, and botnet discovery, sensitive data identification and other considerations
- In-depth SQL injection and cross site scripting testing
- Advanced penetration testing tools, such as the HTTP Editor and the HTTP Fuzzer
- Visual macro recorder for testing web forms - password protected
- Support for pages with CAPTCHA, single sign-on and multi-factor authentication mechanisms
- Intelligent crawler detects web server type (HTML5, SOAP, etc.), application language and smartphone-optimizations
- Active on-going port scans and real time security checks against network services
- Dual level authentication for all the devices/phones registered to our service. These are the IP address authentication and device authentication
- Pre-production application security scanning
- Customized scanning for specified applications, ports, IP addresses, etc.
- Web services and application vulnerability testing
- Multi-grade carrier firewall packet vulnerability testing
- Firewall-based Intrusion Detection (IDS)
- Volume and concurrent calls analysis and detection
- Cost-based security fraud detection and prevention
- Authenticated internal server communications
- SNMB based network component monitoring
- Network traffic and connectivity monitoring
- Black List management
- Data segmentation with authentication
- Secure VPN’s (remote access)
Hardened Data Centers
PanTerra has built world-class data centers to support and deploy its SmartBox cloud storage service. These state-of-the-art facilities include around the clock security, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and generator power backup and environmental controls (for temperature and humidity). All services are run on high performance state of the art Linux blade servers that are monitored 24/7/365. Each PanTerra datacenter is "carrier neutral" and has support for multiple telecom carriers, providing redundancy and fail over capability, ensuring the highest level of uptime for customers. With our highly reliable cloud data centers, PanTerra can deliver the highest quality service regardless of size or location of customer.
PanTerra’s platform is connected to the network by at least two physically separate building entrances. This provides for the greatest protection from network outages caused by events such as fiber cuts that could disable one of the fiber links into the gateway. In addition to route diversity, PanTerra ensures network access with redundant and duplicate equipment including routers, switches and other various network components. Redundancy is engineered into the network architecture to ensure continued service in the event of a network failure.
- Dual access routers/switches are located in each of the equipment racks
- All content is stored redundantly with no single point of failure
- PanTerra also ensures sufficient capacity for normal and fail-over operations by limiting every internal network link to less than 50 percent utilization. Any time an internal network link approaches 50 percent utilization, capacity on the link is immediately increased. Limiting link utilization to less than 50 percent guarantees redundant capacity in the event of failure of other network links.
- All co-location routers/switches are dual-homed to the IP network.